Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A New Baby, A New Journey

It's hard to put into words all the feelings and emotions in our lives right now...  We are beyond thrilled that we are pregnant again and expecting our new little one in January!  For those that missed it, here's our little announcement that we made since Gabe and I both love coffee:


It was a long journey through over a year of navigating our loss and then trying to get pregnant.  The countless doctors appointments, wrestling with being labeled infertile, thinking through next steps and even doubts of what God was doing.  (I'll get into all that in another post as I know so many others who have also struggled through that process.)

But here we are again!  In hindsight I see God's timing was perfect and we feel so blessed to be on this road with a little bump in tow!

I thought I would start writing about our journey this time around because I'm going in for surgery tomorrow.  Up until now, it's been the excitement of finding out, telling family and friends and positive doctors appointments.  Thankfully, the queasiness of the first trimester is leaving, but the surgery tomorrow is a great reminder of having a high risk pregnancy.

We've both felt the struggle up to this point of being excited, while still understanding that we have to hold loosely and trust that, ultimately, God is once again in control of this situation.  But now begins the reality of taking as many steps as possible to prevent what happened last time.  

The cerclage surgery is an out patient surgery that basically sews up the cervix.  Because it's preventative this time (as opposed to last time with it being more of a rescue cerclage), there's a really good chance for success as it's been proven to work for others dealing with an incompetent cervix.  And it's crazy because I'm not nervous about the surgery itself, but more about the epidural I have to get  to do the block of anesthesiology.  Last time it was a little rough, so once that's done, I'll feel much better!

I know it will all be worth it to have a healthy baby and so, we keep saying, no matter what the journey; our prayer is to have a healthy baby in the end!   

Right now I feel like I'm stock piling food since I can't eat or drink anything past midnight tonight.  I'm armed with pepperoni and wheat thins and trying to drink as much water as possible.  The surgery is at 11:45am, and the surgery itself can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a half an hour.  Then I'll be in recovery until I have feeling back in my legs and can walk around.  Gabe is being so supportive in reminding me he'll be there the entire time and will be at my beck and call over the next few days.  What a man...  :)

It's been so encouraging to have friends and family already surrounding us on this journey... and we're only 14 weeks in!  A friend is bringing over dinner tomorrow night and we are so appreciative of all the outpouring of love and prayers!  

We are hopeful and will continue to update along the way.  We are simply resting in knowing that God already knows the outcome.

Thank you for walking with us and for your prayers for tomorrow!

Love, 
The Coyles 

5 comments:

  1. Praying for a smooth procedure and quick recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Allie... prayers for you tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for you, Allie! Counting down to January!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is in control Allie, and he will never gove you more than you can bare. Rest assured you are among thousands of couples that goes through the same struggles. All is well, am sure it will work this time and can't wait to see your lil one!
    Xoxo Ola.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, Gabe and little bump this morning!

    ReplyDelete